The use of shared application profiles and controlled vocabularies are corner stones to organize knowledge and to describe bibliographic records in a meaningful way. They serve as primary steps to facilitate interoperability in the scholarly communication system.
This page aims links to other relevant application profiles and controlled vocabularies and resources.
Applications for reuse by repositories
- LC Linked Data Service: http://id.loc.gov
- AGROVOC Web services: http://aims.fao.org/standards/agrovoc/webservices
Best Practice Examples and Recommendations
- Linked Open Data (LOD)-enabled bibliographic data: http://aims.fao.org/lode/bd
- Borst, T. (2012). Usage and Impact of Controlled Vocabularies in a Subject Repository for Indexing and Retrieval. Liber Quarterly: The Journal of European Research Libraries, 21.
- Guidelines for Dublin Core Application Profiles: http://dublincore.org/documents/profile-guidelines/