Information portals and support networks for repository managers
- If you need consultation or advice on repository development and management please email to email@example.com . Please provide as much information as you can about the type of institution and repository you work for and as much details as possible about the issue or question you would like to discuss. The helpdesk service operates on a good will basis and is free of charge.
- Ministerio de Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación Productiva, Biblioteca Electrónica de Ciencia y Tecnología
- Sistema Nacional de Repositorios Digitales (SNRD) establishes an interoperable network of digital repositories in science and technology
- Wiki Acceso Abierto
- Repositorios Dinámicos
- Open Access Group of the University of Vienna based at the Vienna University Library
- Open Access in Austria on OpenAIRE
- AuseAccess wiki. Launched by Arthur Sale. For repository managers in the Australasian region
- CAUL Australian Institutional Repository Support Service (CAIRSS). From the Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL)
- Institutional Repository Community – ANZ. Launched by Alison Hunter. Primarily for repository managers in Australia and New Zealand
- OAK Law (Open Access to Knowledge) Law Project based at Queensland University of Technology. Focused on OA in Australia, especially copyright and licensing issues.
- Biblioteca Regional de Medicina (BIREME) Based in São Paulo, Brazil. Focused on access to medical information in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia (IBICT)
- Institute of Mathematics and Informatics at Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (IMI-BAS): http://www.openaire.eu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=110&lang=en
- Bulgarian Information Consortium (BIC)
- National Science Library, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS): http://www.open-access.net.cn
- Open Access for Hong Kong: http://openaccess.hk/index.html
- Cooperación Latino Americana de Redes Avanzadas (CLARA)
- BDCOL – Red Colombiana de Repositorios y Bibliotecas Digitales: http://www.bdcol.org/
- Open Access in CZ: http://openaccess.cz/. Website set up for the Open Access Week 2010, with 11 participating institutions
- DSpace CZ: http://www.dspace.cz/
- Instituto de Información Científica y Tecnológica (IDICT): http://www.idict.cu/
- http://www.open-access.dk/, developed by Denmark’s Electronic Research Library (DEF) and the Danish OA network. News, information about initiatives, repositories, impact, OA profiles of Danish institutions etc.
- Consorcio de Bibliotecas Universitarias del Ecuador (COBUEC): http://cobuec.org/
- OACS – Open Access Communication for Science: based at the Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration (HANKEN): http://oacs.shh.fi/index.html
- Centre pour la Communication Scientifique Directe (CCSD): the CNRS unit operating the HAL software and all the institutionnal portals hosted by HAL
- Couperin: the french academic consortium that brings together more than 200 members (teaching and research institutions): http://www.couperin.org/archivesouvertes/
- German Information Platform Open Access.net (http://open-access.net) run by the universities of Bielefeld, Konstanz, Göttingen, Freie Universität Berlin and various partners. The platform collects information, news and support material for several stakeholder groups, including repository managers. News, events, information for researchers, publishers, librarians, etc. Covers Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
- DINI Working Group Electronic Publishing (http://www.dini.de/ag/e-pub/) brings together experts for repository-related issues and maintains an array of services such as the DINI Certificate for Document and Publication Services (http://www.dini.de/dini-zertifikat/) which supports repositories in the certification process
- www.openaccess.gr (information and news site on OA) run by the National Documentation Center
- www.openarchives.gr (harvests from Greek OA journals and repositories; lists Greek OA journals and repositories)
- The HUNOR (HUNgarian Open Repositories) consortium to advance national open access practices http://www.open-access.hu/, run by the University Library of Debrecen. News, events, information for researchers, librarians, journal publishers etc.
- http://openaccess.is/, run by the National and University Library of Iceland. News, events, information about open access
- http://wiki.openarchives.it/. News, events, information for authors, librarians, publishers, institutions etc.
- PLEIADI – Portal for Italian Electronic Scholarly Literature in Institutional Archives – a service provider to Italian OA scholarly and research content; collects and provides access to current information on OA in Italy and abroad http://www.openarchives.it/pleiadi
- Conferenza dei Rettori delle Università Italiane (CRUIT): Gruppo Open Access focused on OA policies for Italian universities.
- Digital Repository Federation in Japan (DRF) http://drf.lib.hokudai.ac.jp/en
- National Institute of Informatics (NII) http://www.nii.ac.jp/irp/en
- Open Access Korea: www.oak.go.kr
- Lista Latinoamericana sobre Acceso Abierto y Repositorios: https://groups.google.com/group/LLAAR/
- Proyecto Red Federada Latinoamericana de Repositorios Institucionales de Documentación Científica: https://sites.google.com/site/bidclara/
- CoLaBoRa Comunidad Latinoamericana de Bibliotecas y Repositorios Digitales https://sites.google.com/site/bidclara/Inicio
- Lithuanian Research Library Consortium (LMBA): http://www.lmba.lt/OA/liet/oa.htm
- “Digital repositories” website launched by the Metamorphosis Foundation http://www.metamorphosis.org.mk/digitalniskladista/ as an adaptation of the “Digital Repositories” toolkit published by JISC infoNet. The Metamorphosis Foundation also released a Virtual DSpace Machine in Albanian and Macedonian that allows installing DSpace software to run an open access institutional repository in less than 1 hour. More information: http://metamorphosis.org.mk/metalogo.gif/objavena-virtuelna-mashina-so-dspace-na-makedonski-i-albanski.html.
- Red Abierta de Bibliotecas Digitales: http://ict.udlap.mx/rabid/index.html
- Corporación Universitaria para el Desarrollo de Internet (CUDI): http://www.cudi.edu.mx/
- EIFL-OA Moldova project: http://oarm.blog2x2.net/
- http://www.openaccess.nl/, run by Utrecht University Library. News, events, information for researchers, managers etc
- SURF : http://www.surf.nl/nl/Pages/Home.aspx
- http://openaccess.no/, run by the University of Tromsø. News, events, initiatives, information for researchers, institutions, journals etc.
- The national OA website: http://www.ub.uit.no/wiki/openaccess/index.php/Hovedside
- Red Académica Peruana – RAAP: http://www.raap.org.pe/index.php
- Open Access Perú: http://www.openaccessperu.org/site/node/10
- ICM, Interdisciplinary Centre for Computational and Mathematical Modelling at the University of Warsaw: http://otwartanauka.pl/
- Open Education Coalition (OEC) – a group of several non-profit organizations working together for openness in Poland: http://koed.org.pl/
- Creative Commons Poland: http://creativecommons.pl/
- EBIB – librarians for open access: http://www.ebib.info/content/category/8/102/79/
- http://projecto.rcaap.pt/index.php?lang=en, http://blog.rcaap.pt/. News, events, information for institutional administrations, researchers and educators, repository managers.
- http://oad.kosson.ro/. Start-up collection of documents for support of OA activities.
- IR Wiki, developed by Stellenbosch University SUNScholar repository team
- RECOLECTA. A joint program of REBIUN/FECYT to promote, support and coordinate the development of the Spanish digital repositories infrastructure for open access, dissemination and preservation of Spanish publicly funded research results, and to develop services and functionalities over those scientific results for researchers and the wider community;
- Research Group “acceso abierto a la ciencia”. The Research Group’s goal is to become a source of information about Open Access and a forum for discussion and sharing experiences. The portal offers tools for authors, providing information about publishers’ copyright terms and self-archiving policies (Dulcinea), an updated directory of Spanish Institutional Open Access Repositories (BuscaRepositorios) and an International Directory of institutional OA (Melibea).
- http://openaccess.se/, run by the National Library of Sweden.
- http://acikerisim.ankos.gen.tr/, hosted by the OA and repositories working group of Anatolian University Libraries Consortium (ANKOS). News, events, information about repositories, copyright, glossary.
- ElibUkr: http://www.elibukr.org/
- Open Access to Information Working Group at Informatio Consortium: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=2146280
- Repositories Support Project http://www.rsp.ac.uk/index
- SHERPA partnership: http://www.sherpa.ac.uk
- United Kingdom Council of Research Repositories: http://www.ukcorr.org/
- WRN – Welsh Repository Network http://www.wrn.aber.ac.uk/en
- EDINA and Information Services at the University of Edinburgh
- Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- SPARC: The Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition http://www.arl.org/sparc
- Biblioteca Digital Académica Venezolana http://www.bibliotecadigitalacademica.org.ve/bdav/index.html