COAR Online Workshops
COAR is planning a series of online workshops to foster the exchange of ideas and expertise and to share experiences and best practices within the repository community. The workshops will address operational issues required to install, implement and deploy open repositories:
- Technical: software selection and installation, technologies, metadata, interoperability;
- Organisational: staffing, business requirements and incentives;
- Copyright clearance and digital rights management;
- Repository management: policies, workflows, archiving and preservation;
- Advocacy: advocating to different stakeholders, introducing open access policies and mandates).
The workshops will be open to anyone to attend free of charge, but a special invitation is extended to COAR members. All you will need to attend the session is an internet-connected computer with sound (and maybe headphones if you are in a busy room). To check if your computer will successfully access the session you can go to www.instantpresenter.com/systemtest. The session should run in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome.
Please suggest topics you would be interested in having for online workshops and also suggest which themes you may be able to make a short contribution for.
COAR Training Events
COAR invites its members to submit proposals for organising training events. The focus should be on open access repository developments.
- Describe the training event.
- Describe why you would like to organise it.
- Describe what kind of assistance from COAR you do expect: speakers, assistance with the programme of the event, financial support (in this case additional fundraising efforts are required), etc.
- Be written in English.
Applications are invited from COAR members. Proposals should be submitted to
Proposals should include:
- Organisation / Library Name,
- Contact name and email,
- Full address,
- Details of proposal (as outlined above).