COAR organises series of interactive events mainly for members-only including COAR partners but also some available to the public offering information about the latest trends and topics in open access and repositories. It will involve a mix of virtual presentations about new activities, technologies and projects, as well as facilitated discussions about important issues. The aim is to have sessions every few months, and ensure that we have programming of relevance for different regions and time zones. We welcome your suggestions for the topics.
All the presentations from the webinars have been archived in Zenodo.
- User engagement in repository services (video recording)
- Bernal, Isabel. (2018, October). Engaging Researchers with DIGITAL.CSIC.
- Korhonen, Tuija. (2018, October). Data Support Services at the University of Helsinki.
- Gorogh, Edit, Karacsony, Gyongyi, & Fazekas-Paragh, Judit. (2018, October). Researcher Engagement at the University and National Library of Debrecen.
- Next generation repository technologies: ResourceSync.
- Klein, Martin. (2018, September). ResourceSync: A Modular Framework for Web-Based Resource Synchronization. (video recording)
- Knoth, Petr. (2018, September). CORE’s use of ResourceSync and Evaluating the Performance of OAI-PMH and ResourceSync. (video recording)
- Chan, Leslie. (3 May 2018). Open Access in the Global South: Perspectives from the Open and Collaborative Science in Development Network. (video recording)
- CARL-COAR Joint Webinar on IR Usage Statistics
- Arlitsch, Kenning. (3 October 2017, October). RAMP: Repository Analytics & Metrics Portal: Accurately measuring citable content downloads from institutional repositories. (video recording)
- Needham, Paul. (3 October 2017). IRUS-UK: Standardised institutional repository usage statistics. (video recording)
- Arlitsch, Kenning. (18 September 2017). Driving Traffic to Institutional Repositories: How Search Engine Optimization can Increase the Number of Downloads from IR. (video recording).
- Mornati, Susanna, & Bollini, Andrea. (10 July 2017). DSpace-CRIS: How to Bring Repositories and CRIS/RIMS Together. (video recording)
Bernal, Isabel, & Azrilevich, Paola A. (16 March 2017). Vocabularios Controlados para Repositorios: Objetivos y Avances del Grupo de Trabajo COAR. (video recording)
- Brownlee, Rowan. (15 December 2016). Publishing Controlled Vocabularies for Access and Reuse. (video recording)
- Saquicela, Víctor. (17 December 2016). Linked Open Data: Repositorio Ecuatoriano de Investigadores (REDI). (video recording)
- Shearer, Kathleen, Rodrigues, Eloy, Walk, Paul, & Perakakis, Pandelis. (25 October 2016, October). Open Access Week: Next Generation Repositories. (recordings for the sessions of morning and afternoon)
- Controlled Vocabularies (video recording)
- Schirrwagen, Jochen. (4 October 2016 ). About the COAR-IG Controlled Vocabularies And The Webinar Series.
- Borst, Timo. (4 October 2016). Controlled Vocabularies in a Repository Environment: Overview and State-of-the-art.
- Rieger Y., O. (28 July 2016). Future Directions for arXiv User Perspectives. (video recording)