COAR organises series of interactive events mainly for members-only including COAR partners but also some available to the public offering information about the latest trends and topics in open access and repositories. It will involve a mix of virtual presentations about new activities, technologies and projects, as well as facilitated discussions about important issues. The aim is to have sessions every few months, and ensure that we have programming of relevance for different regions and time zones. We welcome your suggestions for the topics.
All the presentations from the webinars have been archived in Zenodo.
- Chan, Leslie. (3 May 2018). Open Access in the Global South: Perspectives from the Open and Collaborative Science in Development Network. (YouTube link)
- CARL-COAR Joint Webinar on IR Usage Statistics
- Arlitsch, Kenning. (3 October 2017, October). RAMP: Repository Analytics & Metrics Portal: Accurately measuring citable content downloads from institutional repositories. (YouTube link)
- Needham, Paul. (3 October 2017). IRUS-UK: Standardised institutional repository usage statistics. (YouTube link)
- Arlitsch, Kenning. (18 September 2017). Driving Traffic to Institutional Repositories: How Search Engine Optimization can Increase the Number of Downloads from IR. (YouTube link).
- Mornati, Susanna, & Bollini, Andrea. (10 July 2017). DSpace-CRIS: How to Bring Repositories and CRIS/RIMS Together. (YouTube link)
Bernal, Isabel, & Azrilevich, Paola A. (16 March 2017). Vocabularios Controlados para Repositorios: Objetivos y Avances del Grupo de Trabajo COAR. (YouTube link)
- Brownlee, Rowan. (15 December 2016). Publishing Controlled Vocabularies for Access and Reuse. (YouTube link)
- Saquicela, Víctor. (17 December 2016). Linked Open Data: Repositorio Ecuatoriano de Investigadores (REDI). (YouTube link)
- Shearer, Kathleen, Rodrigues, Eloy, Walk, Paul, & Perakakis, Pandelis. (25 October 2016, October). Open Access Week: Next Generation Repositories. (recordings for the sessions of morning and afternoon)
- Controlled Vocabularies (recording)
- Schirrwagen, Jochen. (4 October 2016 ). About the COAR-IG Controlled Vocabularies And The Webinar Series.
- Borst, Timo. (4 October 2016). Controlled Vocabularies in a Repository Environment: Overview and State-of-the-art.
- Rieger Y., O. (28 July 2016). Future Directions for arXiv User Perspectives. (YouTube link)
Association of ANKOS (Anatolian University Libraries Consortium), established in 2000, is a national consortium of university libraries in Turkey. It consists of 172 higher education/research institutions negotiating for 90+ electronic resources. ANKOS gathers more than 500+ librarians, researchers, educators, and publishers every year in its annual conference. ANKOS also offers series of webinars, training programs under the name of ANKOS Academy.
eIFL (Electronic Information for Libraries) is working in collaborations with libraries and library consortia in more than 60 transition and developing countries in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, EIFL enables access to knowledge for education, learning, research and sustainable community development.