This year’s COAR Annual Meeting and General Assembly takes place in Istanbul, Turkey on May 7 & 8 2013.
COAR Annual Meeting has evolved into a two-days-meeting for practitioners, decision makers and senior staff of the worldwide repository community. The overall program of the meeting is a combination of conference tracks, poster session, the member’s General Assembly and social gathering opportunities. The meeting is mainly addressing members and partners of COAR as well as invited guests.
The aim of the COAR Annual Meeting is to involve members and partners actively in COAR actions and projects as well as to provide a forum for discussion. Members and partners should create a community of practice and share the latest knowledge about Open Access Repositories.
The program committee of this year’s meeting seeks active participation from the community and is inviting you to consider your contribution to the conference program.
Please regard the following list as a selection of topics that indicates relevant fields:
- policies, impact, advocacy strategies
- new services
- data management and OA repositories, linking data and publications
- advances on the semantic web
- statistics, alternative impact metrics with focus on article level the value proposition for repositories
- working examples on institutional level how Open Access is embedded into e-research infrastructures
- managing heterogeneous and complex objects
Do you have ideas that relate to different topics? Then please go ahead and address them in your submission!
Submissions can take form of proposals for presentations or posters. We will consider any submission that seems to us sufficiently original and repository-related to merit attention at this event. Please understand that we have to draw up a selection, if there are too many submissions.
We welcome proposals of max. 1,5 pages for presentations that deal with theoretical, practical, or administrative issues of open access repositories.
- Research papers presenting theoretical solutions, but with a clear illustration on how these solutions can be applied
- Position papers presenting opinions on some aspect of practice, or describing work that is still in progress, but sufficiently mature to warrant attention
- Experiences and case studies specifying requirements, challenges or opportunities
- Best practices
Key dates and contacts
- 22 March 2013: Deadline for submissions of presentations (length limited to 1,5 pages)
- 12 April 2013: Submitters notified of acceptance of presentations
- 7-8 May 2013: COAR Annual Meeting
Additionally we invite you to submit one-page proposals for posters. Posters provide an opportunity to present work that isn’t appropriate for a paper. The posters will be presented within a “minute madness” session. You will have 2-3 minutes to present the content of the poster to the audience during a plenary session at the conference. The physical posters will be displayed during the whole meeting. Furthermore a digital version of it will be displayed on a screen as slides together with other posters. Please note that we can only accept 10 Posters.
Please prepare your poster in either portrait or landscape format in A0 (840 x 1189mm). For the presentation of your poster on the screen, a digital version in form of a PowerPoint presentation (1-2 slides) will be needed as well.
Key dates and contacts
- 15 April 2013: Deadline for submissions of posters
- 22 April 2013: Submitters notified of acceptance of posters
PLEASE submit your paper or poster, to COAR Office.
Download the PDF version of the call here.
- Iryna Kuchma, Chair of COAR Working Group 3
- Alicia Lopez Medina, COAR Executive Director
- Katharina Müller, Head of COAR Office
- Eloy Rodrigues, Chair of COAR Working Group 2
- Kathleen Shearer, Chair of COAR Working Group 1