- Vienna Main Station to Skylounge
- Vienna International Airport to Skylounge
- Skylounge to Wiener Prater, Giant Ferris Wheel and Gasthaus Eisvogel
- Skylounge to the main building of the University/University Library
Going by public transportation to get to Skylounge will take about 25 minutes. Take the underground line U1 towards “Leopoldau”, get off at “Schwedenplatz” station and take the U4 towards “Heiligenstadt” and get off at “Roßauer Lände”.
From there, it’s a 350m-walk along Roßauer Lände to Skylounge.
There are various options to get from the airport to the city centre, and they are differently priced.
1) The cheapest way is to take the suburban railway S-Bahn. The price for a single ticket is EUR 2,40. (That is the price for the train only. You are going to need an additional ticket for Vienna public transport to get to the meetings venue.) It takes you about 30 min to get to train station “Wien Mitte”.
- From the airport to “Wien Mitte”: from 4:48 to 11:18 p.m. half hourly, then there is a one-hour-gap and the last train from the airport leaves at 0:18 a.m.
- From “Wien Mitte” to the airport: from 4:19 a.m. to 11:49 p.m., half-hourly
- From the airport to Wien Mitte: 6:09 a.m. to 11:39 p.m., half-hourly
- From Wien Mitte to the airport: 5.36 a.m. to 11.06 p.m., half-hourly
If you are coming from Wien Mitte-Landstraße to Skylounge, take the underground line U4 towards “Heiligenstadt” and get off at “Roßauer Lände”. From there, it is a 350m-walk along Roßauer Lände to Skylounge.
- From the airport to Schwedenplatz/Morzinplatz: 1.20 a.m., 2.50 a.m., 4.50 a.m.,
from 4.50 a.m. until 0.20 a.m. half-hourly
- From Schwedenplatz/Morzinplatz to the airport: 0.30 a.m., 2.00 a.m., 4.00 a.m.,
from 4.00 a.m. until 11.30 p.m. half-hourly
To continue from Schwedenplatz/Morzinplatz to Skylounge, change to underground line U4 towards “Heiligenstadt” and get off at “Roßauer Lände”. From there, it’s a 350m-walk along Roßauer Lände to Skylounge.
- Single tickets are EUR 2,20.
- 24-hours-ticket for EUR 7,60
- 72-hours-ticket for EUR 16,50.
Tickets are available online, at “Wienerlinien”-shops and at ticket-machines at the underground stations.
You can also buy single tickets on trams and buses (in that case, please be aware that you need to have coins at hand).
- From approx. 5 a.m. to approx. 0:15 a.m.
Leaving Skylounge, turn right into Roßauer Lände and continue to underground station “Schottenring”. This takes you about 5 to 7 min.
From “Schottenring”, take underground line U2 heading to “Seestadt” or “Aspernstraße”. Get off at the second stop, “Praterstern”. Take exit “Venediger Au”.
The Giant Ferris Wheel is located between Ausstellungsstraße and Hauptallee right at the beginning of the Prater.
Gasthaus Eisvogel is located next to the Giant Ferris Wheel at Riesenradplatz 5, with Ausstellungsstraße at its back.
Underground line U2 heading to “Karlsplatz” takes you back to the 9th district, the last train from “Praterstern” leaves at 0:15 a.m.
You can either walk or use public transport.
If you want to walk to the main building, turn into Türkenstraße, keep at Türkenstraße as it turns into Hörlgasse (keep straight ahead, the street just changes its name). At the crossroads (Währinger Straße/Hörlgasse), turn left into Währinger Straße and walk along Sigmund-Freud-Park. The main building of the University of Vienna is located opposite the Park at Universitätsring 1. The walk takes you about 10 to 15 min.
If you want to use public transport, leave Skylounge and turn right into Roßauer Lände. Walk along the street as far as “Schottenring” underground station.
From there, take underground line U2 towards “Karlsplatz” and go one station till “Schottentor/Universität”. Take exit “Universität”.
At the main building of the university, use the pedestrian ramp to get to the main entrance. The University Library is on the first floor in the right wing of the building. Take staircase number 2 to get there.