The webinar will take place at March 16, 2015 at 16:00 CET/15:00 GMT (please see Time Converter for more time zones).
About the webinar:
Repositories are built to manage and disseminate digital content, such as research articles and datasets. It is getting more and more exciting to collect usage statistics, partly to provide researchers information about how their research is being used, but also partly to justify their own existence to university administrators. There are several tools to collect and aggregate usage data. But there is also a lack of standardization of these data.
The webinar will give an overview of the topic and will look into three projects/initiatives who deal with usage data.
- General overview of the topic: “usage data for repositories” – a short introduction in the topic and a little information of the IG (Daniel Beucke, Göttingen State and University Library)
- Projects – status update & internal perspective
- IRUS UK (Paul Needham, Cranfield University)
- OA-Statistics (Marco Recke, Common Library Network – VZG)
- OpenAIRE (Jochen Schirrwagen, University of Bielefeld)
The webinar will be held in Adobe Connect. More information will be disseminated shortly before the webinar.
If you’re interested in participating, please write a short email to email@example.com.