On January 28, 2021, COAR launched the COAR Notify Initiative. The aim is to develop and accelerate community adoption of a standard, interoperable, and decentralised approach to linking research outputs hosted in the distributed network of repositories with resources from external services such as overlay-journals and open peer review services, using linked data notifications.
While our initial focus is on linking preprints and articles to peer reviews and endorsements, we will be simultaneously documenting and exploring other, emergent use-cases.
COAR is working with a number of implementing partners to:
- develop and document the COAR Notify protocol and standard practices that will enable interactions across diverse repositories and services, based on linked data notifications
- contribute to the technical development of open source platforms (repositories and services) so the Notify protocol can be widely adopted and used
- develop pilot implementations across several portfolios of services at the domain and national /regional levels
- build community awareness and support for open peer review and overlay journals
- maintain a support facility for COAR Notify