COAR webinar “Usage Data for Repositories”
The webinar took place at March 16, 2015 at 16:00 CET/15:00 GMT.
About the webinar:
Repositories are built to manage and disseminate digital content, such as research articles and datasets. It is getting more and more exciting to collect usage statistics, partly to provide researchers information about how their research is being used, but also partly to justify their own existence to university administrators. There are several tools to collect and aggregate usage data. But there is also a lack of standardization of these data.
The webinar gave an overview of the topic looked into three projects/initiatives who deal with usage data.
- General overview of the topic: “usage data for repositories” – a short introduction into the topic and into the IG (Daniel Beucke, Göttingen State and University Library)
- Services and Projects – status update & internal perspective
- IRUS-UK (Paul Needham, Cranfield University)
- OA-Statistics (Daniel Beucke, Göttingen State and University Library)
- OpenAIRE (Jochen Schirrwagen, University of Bielefeld)
COAR Webinar Usage Data for Repositories from COAR e.V. on Vimeo.